Thursday, April 28, 2011

upgrading to ubuntu natty

annoyingness right off the bat. maybe a 7 on the facepalm scale.
1. the login screen allows you to choose between unity and classic, but only after you click the login name to get the password box out. before then, no indication of any possible choices on the bottom bar.
2. loaded up classic, but compiz settings were off.
3. my ATI graphics seem choppy (ouch).
4. virtualenvwrapper acting funky - specifically,
ImportError: No module named virtualenvwrapper.hook_loader
even though things generally seemed to work. Wow, I'm going to have to figure out how to inline code on blogspot here.
Anyways, the problem turned out to be that natty installed python 2.7.1 as default. Nobody warned me! I added the line
export VIRTUALENVWRAPPER_PYTHON=/usr/bin/python2.6
To send everybody back to python2.6. Problem solved.

Unity isn't super annoying or buggy yet, but I'll give a shoutout if it becomes so.

No comments:

Post a Comment